Monday, June 27, 2011

Decisions, decisions...

So, last night, as I was working overnight at 24 Hour Fitness, I was having a conversation with one of the night cleaners. a short little Hispanic guy, probably around 35. This isn't out of the ordinary, I talk with him each night I work. He is trying to learn English (well, more English) and has been trying to get me to speak Spanish along the way. He seems nice enough from these conversations, however, last night, the conversation took a turn for the weird. At first he was telling me how he was going to Mexico in the fall (well, some place in Mexico...he only told me Mexico after I asked 2 or 3 times). I asked how long he was going to be there for and he replied "tres anos" Just to make sure, I asked (in English), 3 YEARS? "Si" So, I asked why. "Vacation" I said, wow, vacation for 3 years?!?! That's a long time. He replied "Do you want to come with me?" and just to be sure, repeated it in Spanish "Quieres venir conmigo?" I laughed, sure he was joking. And so we moved on to other topics...meaning he asked if I have a boyfriend and why I don't. Always a favorite. When I said I didn't and wasn't interested in anyone right now, he said..."I'm right here." Ok. New topic. Like, how you translate "Va a salir un dia conmigo" into English. For the record, it's "Someday, will you (go out) with me?" Next Saturday? What about Sunday? during the day? Riiiight...gotta go...check the pool. As I'm leaving, he says 'tell me if you want to go to Mexico. You should come.'

Maybe...so, if I suddenly drop off the grid for about 3 years, you know what happened to me.
But for some people, it may be difficult to tell if I've dropped off the grid or just returning calls and texts in my usually timely manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment