Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day 5: Fruit

Right, so I know I'm switched around on some days...but they'll get back the right way. Eventually.





Recently, I've been eating a lot of fruit. Partially because watermelons are in season and they may be my favorite fruit. Mostly because, since we've started the summer program, I've been eating a lot of lunches with my co-worker, Patrick...who is a health freak. Seriously...fruit is one of the things we can agree on without much trouble. Luckily, so is peanut butter and jelly.

A few years ago, I started eating fruit with chopsticks...not sure why. Maybe it was because I got some sweet chopsticks from my friend Tiffany when she got back from China. Maybe it started the weekend I spent with Eddie McWhirter during college where the only thing we did for 2 solid days was play Super Mario World on the Super Nintendo and ate massive amounts of fruit with chopsticks. Maybe I just wanted to do something different. I don't know. But most mornings I walk into work with a bowl of watermelon, grapes or pineapple...and some chopsticks. And every morning, even if they commented the day before, I hear a chorus of "Miss Tiff, what's with the chopsticks?" "Fruit and chopsticks again?" "Miss Tiff, you know watermelon isn't Chinese, right?"

I think they're just jealous that I can work the things.

No comments:

Post a Comment