Sunday, July 3, 2011

Day 7: From a Low Angle

Almost caught up with posting.


So, one of the fun things about my job (and there are lots of them) is that I get to help coach a high school boys basketball team. This spring, we (the youth team) were talking about how all our boys want to do is play basketball, but there aren't a lot of options for high school boys other than their school teams. The YMCA teams and other teams like that only go up to about 14 years old and if you aren't good enough to make your school team, you don't have many options. So, we got together with a few other organizations in the North Omaha area and made our own league.



Most practices I get the entertainment of watching at least one impromptu dunk contest. As soon as the guys saw me taking pictures, another one broke out. ("Miss Tiff, Miss Tiff...take one of me." "Miss Tiff, get me!" "Now Miss Tiff, you know when I'm in the NBA, that's finna* be worth millions...")





Kim always talks about having to take a picture of the naughty things Jace and Jaron do before correcting them...I do the same thing. Except mine is less out of fear that they'll get hurt and more out of fear that someone's mama is going to see and I'll have to explain why I let their baby do such a thing.



*finna...somehow means "going to."
I'm not sure how. (finna = fixing to??)

No comments:

Post a Comment